At MissionTech we aim to create a safe and secure environment for young adults to explore the world of technology. Although we operate in a low risk environment we want to ensure all risks are identified and controlled as fully as possible.
- Perform a risk assessment and provide a copy to all attendees as well as their parent/guardian before each course. The risk assessment will be site specific so will change depending on location and course.
- Ensure each course is staffed by at least two instructors and the student/attendee ratio does not exceed 8:1.
- Manage a strict sign in /out procedure as we take children into our care each day and release them back to parents at the end of the day. We will also take a roll call after each break before a new session starts. We will use the buddy system with two children going to the bathroom together.
- Ensure all staff have undertaken FirstAid for schools course and taken a refresher course at least annually.
- Carry out an emergency and first aid briefing at the start of each course so all students are briefed on emergency exits and external assembly points.
- Maintain full public and employer’s liability insurance.
We expect students (and their guardian to ensure):
- Obey all safety instructions from staff
- Inform staff at time of booking of any known personal health & safety threats eg. allergies.
- Do not stand on chairs or desks at any time
- Do not bring food or drink near electronics equipment
- Only use electrical equipment attached to mains outlets under supervision of adults
- Only access the internet for course related material and software only and under supervision of MissionTech instructors